NATIONAL CUPCAKE WEEK
Friday's cupcake holds a secret...
Blueberry Curl Frosting
Under the delicate curls of frosting, lies the distinctive subtle flavour of blueberries.
Can you resist this last cupcake treasure of the week?
* Polystyrene ball approx 6cm diameter.
(I used an egg shape cut in half)
* Glass headed pins
* 6mm Lilac Grosgrain HERE about 1mtr
*13mm Saddle Stitch Purple/White HERE about 1mtr
*13mm Saddle Stitch Orchid/White HERE about 1mtr
*Ric Rac Purple HERE about 1mtr
(note to chef - you can use any flavour ribbon from here, here and here)
1. Pin saddle stitch ribbon around the base, or middle of the ball.
2. Continue pinning ribbon around the base.
3. Where the ribbon meets, fold the ribbon over to create a neat join and pin.
4. To make the ribbon curls, cut both saddle stitch ribbons, ric rac and grosgrain into 5.5cm lengths.
Fold the ribbon over to form a loop around your finger, overlapping the ribbon.
5. Place a pin in the centre of the loop.
6. Pin onto ball at the top.
6. Continue adding ribbon curls at different angles to each other.
7. Continue until the ball is covered.
I have to say I think this is my favourite, those ribbon curls are to die for.
Sam is still off school with a tummy bug, so Mollie picked the Strawberry winners....
Number 12 = Sarah
Another great cupcake, making me hungry.
Number 20 = Pam T
Wow another lovely cupcake. Wonder what tomorrow's will be!
Strawberry Delights to you girls, all we need are addresses please to email@example.com
Hope you have enjoyed our Cupcake week - did you have a favourite? Do tell.
For this weeks Friday FREEBIE prize we have a bundle of ribbons from each cupcake.
For a chance to win this collection just leave us a comment and we will pick TWO winners
from our "Bingo" bag on Monday.
Don't forget if you are having trouble with our spam filters (comment disappears when screen is refreshed) then just email it to us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it for you.
Happy cupcake weekend all.
If you are unable to leave a comment due to our spam filters, please email it to email@example.com and we will add it for you.
All the comments go into our "Bingo" bag and we draw a random number(s) on Monday.
Please check back to see if you have won, it is up to you to claim your prize - we do not contact you.