I hope you do not think this is a cop out. White baking parchment wrapped with ribbon.
The contents are awesome!
Everyone would love a parcel like this.
Firstly let me explain, I have never made fudge before, but Bev and I have been on rather a fudge kick of late.
Most Monday mornings we share our fudge bounty from our weekend trips.
While in Dartmouth, I found some sea salt fudge and it was to die for. Very expensive and did not last very long!
Bev had a brain wave and said "Make some Ali".
Ooh er missus, so I gave it a whirl. I almost wished I hadn't this fudge is so good we cannot stop eating it!
I came home from work yesterday and made a second batch.
I am not a cook, so would not dream of a tutorial but here are the details of the fudge.
1. Grease and line a 20cm baking tin.
2. Place the sugar, milk, butter and condensed milk into a large heavy-based sauce pan.
Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
Over a low heat bring to the boil, stirring all the time and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Stir continuously during this time, making sure you scrape across the bottom of the pan.
Test the fudge by dropping a small amount into cold water. If it forms a ball it is set.
3. Take off the heat and stir in 1 tsp of sea salt and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
4. Allow to cool for about 5mins.
5. This stage is the hard bit! Beat the fudge mixture until it becomes thick and grainy.
You can feel the difference in the texture as you beat.
6. Pour into the prepared baking tin.
7. Sprinkle over ½ tsp of sea salt and slightly press into the fudge with the back of a spoon.
8. Leave to cool and set. (Although it is very nice warm as well!)
9. Cut into squares or oblongs, wrap in baking paper and wrap with ribbon.
I made another batch of this fudge last night, and it was not a fluke.
It tasted just as good as the first batch!
Which ribbon would you wrap your fudge up with?
Do tell by leaving us a comment and we may send you some!
We will pick THREE winners next Tuesday.
Remember to refresh your screen after leaving a comment,
to ensure it has not been eaten. Any problems email it to us firstname.lastname@example.org
ummmmmm..........can I get away with keeping all this fudge to myself.
Nope - it's made for sharing
Our Friday FREEBIE winner is.........
Number 24 = Kate
I love the nautical ribbons, they are perfect for summers cards, and would be perfect if i won as my husband is taking me away to the seaside in september as a combined 40th birthday and 13th wedding anniversary pressie, will be our first ever break away on our own, so i would use the ribbon to do smash book pages about our holiday
Congratulations Kate you have some wonderful Nautical ribbons, brand NEW only went on the site yesterday! Please email email@example.com with your address so she can pop them in the post to you.
Have a great sunny day.