NATIONAL CUPCAKE WEEK
Wednesday's cupcake is dark and mysterious..
Black Forest Cupcake
Layers of chocolate, whipped cream and maraschino cherries....ooooooooh!
.....no holding back today this is a "full on" cupcake!
* Polystyrene ball approx 6cm diameter
* Glass headed pins black and red
* 10mm Black Grosgrain HERE about 2.5mtrs
*10mm Red Grosgrain HERE about 2.5mtrs
*10mm Black Gingham HERE about 2.5mtrs
*10mm Red Gingham HERE about 2.5mtrs
(note to chef - you can use any flavour ribbon from here and here)
*Cup cake cases
1. Cut the ribbons into lengths of 10cms and tie a knot in the centre of each ribbon.
2. Pin a ribbon to the top of the ball. If you want to see the pins use the opposite colour to the ribbon.
3. Hold back the first ribbon and pin in a different colour ribbon.
4. Keep adding ribbons one at a time, working around the ball.
5. Continue adding ribbons until your ball is covered and will sit in the cupcase without the ball showing.
An irrisistable Black Forest cupcake.
Would anyone like to win a FREE collection of black & red ribbons?
Yes we have another selection of FREE Ribbons today!
Leave a comment and we will pick TWO winners on Thursday morning.
(REMEMBER - THREE winners if we get over 50 comments, tell your friends, facebook, tweet
about our Fantastic Ribbon Cupcakes! - all this week.)
I had two little visitors knocking on my door this morning, Sam and Mollie came with the cake tin to pick the winners before going to school -
WOW that is dedication for you!
The TWO winners of yesterday's Lemon & lime ribbons are.......
Number 5 = Amanda
Mmmmmmm more scrumptiousness!!! And perfect for my diet!!
Number 28 = Sarah
Humm looks tasty, could you do christmas puds for the tree I wonder?
Well done girls you have some scrummy lemon and lime ribbons - all we need are addresses please to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My two remaining cupcakes are all made and resting in the kitchen.
I have really enjoyed making these ribbon cupcakes, as there is....
NO WASHING UP!!