Today is the start of our second Challenge over on our NEW Challenge Blog here . I am pleased to say we had 93 entries last week, which we are delighted with.
The theme this Challenge is Anything Goes - sounds interesting.
Please pop on over and have a look at the the super work of the DT girls....WOW can they craft with ribbon!
You may have won the Challenge, or be one of the Top 3 or you could have won the Followers Candy.
I think my Cupcakes fit into this theme nicely.
NATIONAL CUPCAKE WEEK
Thursdays cupcake is light and fluffy.
Lashings of pure white icing, add a few sprinkles and a light fluffy strawberry cream...yum...yum...yum.
This cupcake is light as a feather and zero calories!
* Polystyrene ball approx 6cm diameter
* Glass headed pins
* 10mm White Grosgrain HERE about 2mtrs
*10mm Pink Grosgrain HERE about 1mtrs
*10mm Basics 2 Go Pink Sheer
(note to chef - you can use any flavour ribbon from here and here)
*Cup cake cases
(I forgot to pick up the 10mm white grosgrain for the tutorial,
so I unmade my cupcake!!!)
1. Cover the ball in the same way as for the lemon & Lime drizzle cupcake here,
using only the 10mm grosgrain ribbon.
2. Lay the pink ribbon onto the ball just above half way and pin in place.
Fold the ribbon at an angle and pin.
3. Fold the ribbon again, making it slightly off centre and pin.
4. Continue this method of folding and pinning all the way round the ball.
Overlap the edges to make a neat join.
5. Add the pins to look like sprinkles above the folded ribbon.
6. Cut sheer ribbon into lengths of 6cms. Fold over one edge.
7. Fold again.
8. Fold the raw edge up again and then fold all of it in half. Push a pin through the centre.
9. Pin to the top of the ball.
10. Continue adding to the top, to create a fluffy strawberry top.
Oooh how delicate and creamy with a hint of strawberries.........
Would anyone like to win a FREE collection of strawberry ribbons?
That is correct we have another selection of FREE Ribbons today!
Leave a comment and we will pick TWO winners on Friday morning.
(REMEMBER - THREE winners if we get over 50 comments, tell your friends, facebook, tweet
about our Fantastic Ribbon Cupcakes! - all this week.)
I have no little helpers this morning, Sam went down with a tummy bug yesterday and Mollie has her visit to the Dentist.
So my lucky number is 13 and Tony's is 7, so the winners are...
Number 7 = Laura
Wow! That one is very impressive!
Number 13 = Twinkle Star
Loving the colour combo, what a fantastic cupcake! x
Address please to email@example.com to claim your Black and red ribbons.
Have I left the best Cupcake till last, only way to find out is to pop back tomorrow!