Nope! Then I will let Sydney show you..............
A ribbon bunting skirt for Syd and Sam's trampoline and it looks WICKED!
You can use any ribbon, short or small, wide or narrow, it is really easy to make
ribbon - I used 25mm stripe here
, 25mm Basics 2 Go Satin here
and grosgrain here
bias binding - I used a shocking one here
, but we have other colours here
1. No template required today! I used 4 colours of stripe ribbon and 4 plain ribbons.
Gather all the ribbon ends together and cut the ribbons into lengths.
I did not measure mine as I wanted them all different lengths.
Mix all the ribbons around.
2. Fold the bias binding in half and machine about 30cms.
3. Pick up one of each ribbon from your ribbon pile, 4 stripes and 4 plains.
Place the first one into the fold of the bias binding.
4. I wanted all my ribbon colours mixed up, so I alternated between stripes and plains.
5. Once you have used your first set of 8 ribbons, select your next set of 8 ribbons.
Keep sewing them into the bias binding, and they will stream out the back of the machine.
6. Keep sewing until you either have the length of bunting you want, or
you run out of ribbon strips! Repeat step 2, sewing 30cms of bias at the end.
Lay the ribbons out on a flat surface.
7. Cut the ribbon ends to an angle.
We used cable ties to attach the ribbon bunting to the trampoline, but ribbon would work well!
The bias binding allows for a little bit of stretch, so fit snuggly to the frame.
Bev was sitting one morning having a tea on her decking and said,
the wind was gently blowing at the bunting and it looked magical - ahhhhh!
We will be adding 2 NEW dotting colours to our Bias Binding today.
But what is your favourite Bias of ALL TIME?
need a reminder of what we stock? Then have a look here
We have three 10mtr bundles of ANY bias binding up for grabs,
so three winners.
We will pick the winners next Tuesday
Remember to refresh your screen after leaving a comment,
to ensure it has not been eaten. Any problems email it to us firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry no circles tomorrow...............BUT I think you may find it delish!