Phew.... what a busy weekend, it was almost a relief to get back to work this morning!!
I managed to finish my embroidery project, without too many late nights. It was Mollie's Christening on Sunday and I have been working on a little jacket to go over her christening gown.
Rachie really wanted me to embroider the Christening gown, but as it is a family gown, Rachie being the last baby to wear it (does this make it an antique!!) I was reluctant to do so. The jacket seemed to be the perfect answer.
I used silk ribbon, 2 shades of pink and antique white for the flowers and the French Knots in 7mm and 4mm for the leaves. I wanted it to look fresh so made it quite a simple design. I only used 3 different stitches, five petal ribbon stitch flowers with french knot centres, french knot roses and ribbon stitch leaves. I also scattered a few single french knots around the design to "fill" any gaps.
The jacket had small shell buttons, but they looked rather dark and heavy, so I embroidered a french knot rose to the centre of each button.
I embroidered a matching card for Mollie. After all this hard work, Sunday was a scorcher and Mollie only needed the jacket in Church! Well never mind.......
It was also my birthday over the weekend, the girls made a surprise birthday party for me today, with a cake and candles. It was lovely, thank you.